Welcome to the Power Play family,
With the sport of lacrosse growing so rapidly in Michigan, Power Play Lacrosse is proud to be the longest running program in the Lansing area (est. 2010). The cornerstone of our program is a philosophy of teaching the game, stressing the importance of academics and providing the opportunity to have fun in a competitive environment. We are committed in our continuing knowledge, dedication and pure love of the game to help each player achieve their goals and reach their highest potential! With our outstanding coaches, and family oriented program, we are able to offer opportunities and experiences to our players that they will not receive elsewhere.
As a program and as coaches we believe in the following philosophies:
- Providing experienced coaches who excel at teaching the fundamentals, skills and strategies of the game.
- Teaching by example and repetition are tools that are used to prepare players to be the best they can be.
- Always starting with the fundamentals and moving on to more advanced techniques as the players grow and improve their game.
- Fine tuning all players, even the most skilled, into better lacrosse players and athletes by paying attention to the details.
- Identifying each player’s strengths and utilizing them in game situations.
- Challenging players physically and mentally to reach the next level.
- Using a hybrid style of teaching that is used by college coaches all over the country.
- Hard work pays off (HWPO)! The harder players work, the more they will achieve on and off the field.
- Players earn their playing time, and the win.
- Playing competitive lacrosse should be a fun enjoyable experience that helps players mature as athletes and as young men and women.
- We pride ourselves on being more than just a lacrosse program. Power Play is a family. Coaches, players and parents are always available to help and support each other, on and off the field.
We also teach the following values:
- Academics (#1)
- Hard work / Drive
- Love of the game